|Posted by Cristy Chuparkoff on April 18, 2019 at 6:15 PM|
1. Members of the hospice team include:
- home care aides
- social workers
- trained volunteers
2. 48% of Medicare patients who died received one or more days of hospice care.
3. Patients can be referred for hospice care with a prognosis of 6 months or less. Many patients receive hospice care within just 3-4 weeks of death.
4. 60% of patients would prefer to die at home, however, most patients die in nursing homes and hospitals.
5. Cancer is the most common diagnosis among hospice patients, followed by dementia, heart disease, and lung disease.